Monday 3 July 2017

SHOCKED

''This is freaking Preposterous'', the Irate passenger yelled as she demanded her balance from the rude conductor who had turned deaf ears to her yelling. I peacefully alighted, I did not have strength to hassle words with him over my fifty Naira balance. I entered into my peaceful abode, a place I can call my own, getting my parents to allow me live alone was a strong battle but thanks to my new job, they had to agree that the distance was quite a journey. I wonder why African parents think it's sinful to allow a girl child some independence. I landed on my bed and began munching my favorite cookies and smoothie, I know I deceive myself with the fit fam thing but God would help me, I got a message from Teju saying the gang wanted us to hang and since I now have my freedom, they were initiating me to the night life, then she hinted, Martins was coming with his girlfriend. I literally froze, Martins and I are the closest, I should have heard that gist before Tej, since when did Martins start hiding things from me, I was pissed, very pissed but maybe he wanted to surprise me because I have yabbed his single status way to much in this lifetime.

Martins and his bae arrived late, he introduced her to the crew, she's hot, I must agree but there was something off about her and as the Miss blunt that I am, I made it clear when she went to the ladies and Teju was quick to point out that I was just jealous and in love with Martins. Well, true I love all my male friends and I can do almost anything for them even my boyfriend can attest to that. I got home at past mid-night and I was literally sleeping the whole week long, I looked forward to the weekend like my life depended on it and my gang dropped the surprise, Tunde and Martins took us on a weekend treat to a very lovely resort in Lagos, that was my best weekend e-v-e-r!!! Martins bae, Shantel became my bestie, we loved the same books and movies.

Teju became extremely jealous of our friendship and I always reminded her that she is family and no one can take that away, Shantel virtually lived in my house, we did e-v--e-r-y-t-h--i-n-g together, my boyfriend did not approve of her intially, I told him that's how I felt when I first met her but he'ld like her as time went by and he did. Martins and I got some alone time and I told him how slighted I felt, when I realized I was the last of the gang to know his relationship status had changed, he apologized, got me cake, he then mumbled some sentences that simply meant he thought I wouldn't approve of  her and he was glad to see us become friends.

Martins and I have come a long way and if there was something I knew, its was the fact that he knew me like the back of his palm, infact that was the main reason, I never agreed to date him back then, so If he thought I wont like her, then I shouldn't. I decided to dig into Shantel's past and to my greatest surprise, I found nothing, the young girl is just a regular girl, trying to make life a palace she can rule. My parents wanted me to come home some weekends and I obliged, it's always a pleasure to eat free food, I was gisting with my cousin, whose parents had abandoned at my house to receive some hard training. I must admit Tonye is a handful, from drugs to yahoo, to absconding with various married men and appearing on top magazines and television, she even once faked her own kidnap and made her parents pay a heavy ransom, my mum registered her in an on-line university and monitors her every breathe. Tonye was showing me her London escapades, when I saw Shantel pole-dancing away like a trained stripper, this girl claims she cant dance to save her life, I scrolled on for more pictures, she was blazing cigarettes in bikini, I had to ask Tonye about her and I was told she was deported from the Uk for peddling drugs but some how she still supplies Tonye's boyfriend and she is famous for dating rich men and dumping their asses like they never happened.

I zoomed into depression mode, immediately I landed my house, I did not know how to break the news to Martins, Shantel was a scam, she had probably looked me up and found out the kind of books I read, my kind of movies and used that to get to me or maybe she might have changed, I'll watch her closely. I opened my fridge to take out my cookies and then I spotted my hidden camera, I had placed it there to see how crazy I act when I am exercising.  I decided to play what had been recorded so far, it did made me laugh, I laughed so hard I forgot all my worries then a video of Shantel and my boyfriend making out on five different occasion appeared.

19 comments:

  1. what yeye juice...... thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was virtually waiting for that moment anyways. Lol. Never trust a stranger so deep, introducing her to your man was a great mistake. Smart girl. Nice write up dear but quiet short . 👏👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, you know people in general do not like to read but we will increase the pages

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. M-a-r-t-i-n-s!!!! I'm glad you were shocked.

      Delete
  4. God will save us from scammers IJN

    ReplyDelete
  5. The camera did it's job... so how many people are now single again? Four I guess... maybe you and Martin should just start helping each other... Just maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, what kind of help ooooooooooooooo, Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. I did not expect it to end like that, Nice one bae.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I m glad you were shocked............thanks dear

      Delete
  7. Igboro ti daru!!! a woman's past will most likely come up with something nasty, why???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure some women would disagree with you on that

      Delete
  8. WHAT...... That was totally out of the blue..... The story line was good but very short.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehehe. .. I missed this one. SHOCKED I was !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elsie the investigator! Shantel the holy mary! Elsie's BF the carpenter! Very good read. LOL

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM SERVICES

  Hey You! I'm proud you are ready to take your Instagram page to the next level and I'm here to hold your hand every step of the wa...