Tuesday 26 July 2022

Brouhaha

 My Wife does not really dig my family members and to some extent I kind of agree with why she'll not rate them. Sometimes, I fear that if we flip tables and we switch families, I'll not be able to take half of the things she overlooks from them. 


But the situation is crazy, as my family would always be in our faces and I love them even though I know their entitlement and over-bearing attitude is killing. And I know they have no respect for boundaries as they literally constitutes a nuisance every time they at our home. From taking things at will from the fridge and eating like theyve been starved, to being wasteful…the list is endless….


My wife on the otherhand is very accountable, she hates wastes and really loves her space, although she encouraged them to visit and sleep over at first….. i'm sure if time could be reversed that would never have happened. 


One faithful evening, I came home to a dirty kitchen and because my wife works from home she had to bear the brunt even though it was my siblings that messed the whole place up. I knew I should have asked what went wrong but I was just looking for who to pour my corporate frustrations on and for the first time my wife wept like a baby. Our daughter was so moved that she too wept. It was a quiet Thursday evening in our home and that became the statusquo……..


Even my siblings and mum observed the cold shoulders my wife gave us. She no longer cared, no longer stayed up if I came back late… no longer had a burning sensation in her eyes for me. She just put all her energy on our daughter and her job. I missed her but in my head I thought she was doing to much and decided to reciprocate the energy. Afterall, after having a conversation with my mum that's what she subtly encouraged. I also observed that during this period, my family's financial requests doubled and because they were the only ones who I could talk too I indulged them and they were glad. Let's just say they enjoyed the friction we had and decided to milk it.


Because of the atmospheric condition of my home. I decided to suprisingly pay my family a visit on a Saturday morning and alas, I found them planning on how to extort more money from me, my younger sister even called my wife a moron for allowing me spend so much money on them when I didnt have any building project of my own.


 Although my mum cautioned her that my wife is a good woman, I totally agree with my sister just that I think that I'm the moron here. How did I become so stupid as to prioritize my extended family needs over my immediate family? Shouldn't I have been the one to instill discipline in them when they visited? Shouldn't i have a cap on the money i send to them? Why should my future self suffer because I have entitled family?


Afterall my wife had done her part my accommodating them even though she likes her space. I was determined to make things right and I headed back home. To my greatest suprise, instead of meeting my wife and daughter, watching tv and munching over some snacks as usual. I met a note….Tolani had obtained a UK study visa and was on her way to the airport with my child. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM SERVICES

  Hey You! I'm proud you are ready to take your Instagram page to the next level and I'm here to hold your hand every step of the wa...